London is the best place where you can find the real treat for museums is a popular destination among London’s many attractions. There are hundreds of national museums to choose from that include the British Museum, the Science Museum, and the Natural History Museum, Weird museums specializing in cartoons, advertising, medicine, toys, and Freud. There are more than 170 of them are the world’s most beautiful. Here are the top ten museums and galleries with ace exhibitions, brilliant events, and vast permanent collections that you never miss in London most of them are free to enter.
Top 10 museums in London
- British Museum: The world-famous British Museum provides entry free. The first-ever national museum for the public that showcases the global artefacts discovered by British explorers. This includes Rosetta Stone and the Parthenon sculptures, the mummies in the Ancient Egypt collection.
- Imperial War Museum: In this museum, you can discover the stories of those who lived, fought, and died in conflict from the First world-war to today. IWM is made up of permanent galleries such as ace Curiosities of War exhibit and temporary displays, exploring recent conflicts and terrorist attacks. This museum has impressive and extensive collections that include moving and eye-opening permanent Holocaust exhibition.
- Design Museum: It is the world’s leading museum which has the contemporary design from furniture to graphics and architecture to industrial design. Design Museum is full of free temporary exhibitions.
- National Gallery: One of the top-rated museum with free entry fee to view the artistic institution in the heart of Trafalgar Square. The National Gallery has more than 2000 works from artists such as da Vinci, van Gogh, Rembrandt, Michelangelo, Turner, Picasso, Matisse, and Cezanne. Even try sketching in the galleries.
- Royal Museums Greenwich: Which tells you about the fascinating history of the UNESCO’s World Heritage site. This includes the National Maritime Museum, the Queen house, the Royal Observatory, and the spectacular tea clipper Cutty Sark.
- Science Museum: Incredible world-class museum that has entertaining and educational exhibits including the Apollo 10 command module, a virtual reality space descent experience, old Nokia mobiles, and a sixteen-century artificial arm. Makes your brain perform Olympics standard mental gymnastics.
- Bank of England Museum: In this museum, you see the impressive building and explore the unique collection of banknotes and coins. Even there is a real gold bar that you touch. The entry is free.
- Victoria and Albert Museum: This Museum has entry free having unusual artefacts from all around the world, which is a real treasure trove of goodies such as furniture, paintings, sculpture, metalwork, and textiles.
- National History Museum: It is the collection of biggest, tallest and rarest animals in the world that has large dinosaur exhibition that has a life-sized blue whale, 40 million-year-old spider, and the beautiful Central Hall.
- · Museum of London: This is the world’s biggest Urban museum that has historic objects and exhibitions tells the story of London’s past like city under Roman rule and the grandeur of medieval London.